Procedure To Change Name on Driving License

Change Name on Driving License in Dubai

click here for driving licence test

You have changed your name and now you want to change it on your driver licence and vehicle registration you should need to visit a registry and complete a Replacement Application form of 1018 available which you should download from online.

You should also need to produce through original certificates of one of the following documents:

A divorce degree bearing the name being reverted to. The deed poll registered with the relevant authority.

Change of the name certificate issued by the Registry Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages office.

The birth certificate that is showing the name at birth and the new name Commemorative Certificates are not acceptable.

The document showing evidence of change of name registered in the Land Titles Office.

In addition to an acceptable change of the name of document you must provide the full proof of identity document showing the original name or a List 1 proof of identity document showing the original name and a List 2 proof of identity document showing the original or new name.

Your identity card and change of name documents should show a clear link between your names.


Documents not in English must be accompanied by an acceptable and by authorized translation. Then check the Proof of identity for more information on translations.

For NSW Marriage Certificates Roads and Maritime Services only accepts those issued by the NSW Marriages, Registry of Births and Deaths to support the name what you have changed. You can get the certificates by calling the Marriages, Registry of Births and Deaths by phone no. 1300 655 236 or visiting on their websites. When applying for the replacement of licence NSW Marriage Certificates issued by churches or celebrants will also be accepted where the married name is already on Roads and Maritime Services records.

If you married outside of NSW a Marriage Certificate from a celebrant will also acceptable.

Since 1st. April 1996 the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages has assumed responsibility for registering all the name changes in NSW. To provide evidence of a name changed made after 1st.April - 1996 a Change of Name Certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages office is also required. The NSW Land Titles Office no longer registered Deeds Poll or Instruments Evidencing Change of Name.

For more information check the related link offices to Proof of the identity or pick up a copy of the brochure Proof of Identity. How to prove who are you on Roads and Maritime Services from any registry phone No: 132213 (+61249204020 for international calls).

Changing your address

If you change your address you must notify Roads and Maritime Services within fourteen days. You can notify your change of address by

Attending a registry.

Phoning on Roads and Maritime Services for Contact Centre on 13 22 13

For postal address you must provide the followings as


Date of birth

Licence number if not RMS licence card number

Currently address which is recorded on RMS database

Vehicle registration number(s) if any

You can apply for these services online and have your license card and collect from one of the Roads and Transport Authority collection desk top.

If your license is older than five years you should do a new eye test and submit a test report certificate and your personal latest photograph updated through one of the Roads and Transport Authority certified opticians.

International Driving Permit

Now the service fees can be paid by using various payment methods such as credit cards payment or direct debit card from one of the banks that is Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Union National Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank and Dubai Commercial Bank.