Procedure To Get Driving License
How to Get Driving License?
Now a day’s all valid EU (European Union) Community and EEA (European Economic Area) driving licenses are valid in Spain provided that the holder meets the minimum driving age in Spain.
On January 19 2013 EU licenses can only be renewed in the holder's country of residence and in addition the license terms of their country of residence will apply. So, this means that if a driver with a license from an EU or EEA country other than Spain is resident in Spain they will have to renew their license every ten years if they are under the age of 65 and every five years if they are over the age of 65. Replacing an EU/EEA license in Spain effectively converts it into a Spanish EU license Several EU countries issue licenses that are valid for life but in Spain these will only be valid for five or ten years. The people those who do not renew their licenses may be fined. License must be renewed within two years of the first day of the driver's official residency in Spain.
Documents required: -
1. Proof of identity. (passport original and copy)
2. Proof of residence (Certificate of Registration in the Central Aliens Register - the NIE number.
(Numerous de Identification de Extraneous)
3. Valid driving license to be exchanged original and photocopy.
4. Two recent photographs. (32 by 25 mm)
5. Declaration in writing stating that the applicant has not been banned or suspended from driving
6. Declaration in writing stating that the applicant does not hold another driving license of the same class in another country.
Note: -To exchange a UK license for a Spanish license a certificate of entitlement from the DVLA is needed And It can be obtained by calling DVLA on +44 (0) 1792 782 341.
License issued will be credit card sized and include photo identification.
Driving license will be sent by ordinary post.
License will need regular renewal. Standard Spanish driving license for a private car or bike is valid for ten years when the holder is under 65 years of age and will need renewing every five years from the age of 65.